See... the concept of OVD is that it is a virtual view of your Directory servers, DB or any user repositories. I shouldn't say "any" because there is an official list of certification matrix... but.. you get the picture. So let us say for example, in your AD; you refer a particular user named "wasadmin" and in your ldap browser, you search of was admin and it returns... "cn=wasadmin,cn=users,dc=dev,dc=appschic,dc=ext". In ovd (ODSM console), you have this concept called root namespace; so lets say the whole cn=users,dc=dev,dc=appschic,dc=ext is equivalent to cn=users,dc=devdp,dc=devovd,dc=appschic,dc=com. You define when creating an adapter.
Note: the illustration above might not be equivalent to the root I mentioned above but it is just to show where you can find it.
So when you go the data browser tab, you can search for a user.
So if I get that, I know I configure my ovd correctly and I can integrate it with my websphere portal.
We know for the fact, that in order to bind websphere portal to a directory server, you need to edit <websphere_home_profile>/ConfigEngine/properties/wkplc.properties . So then I go ahead and edit that file.
standalone.ldap.host=ovdservername
standalone.ldap.port=6501
standalone.ldap.bindDN=CN=ovdadmin
standalone.ldap.bindPassword=<whatever to the guy above - ovdadmin" This was configured during your ovd install process.
standalone.ldap.ldapServerType=custom
standalone.ldap.userIdMap=*:cn
standalone.ldap.groupMemberIdMap=
standalone.ldap.userFilter=(&(|(cn=%v)(samAccountName=%v))(objectclass=user))
standalone.ldap.groupFilter=(&(cn=%v)(objectclass=group))
standalone.ldap.serverId=CN=wasadmin,CN=Users,DC=uatdp,DC=uatovd,DC=appschic,DC=com
standalone.ldap.serverPassword=ReplaceWithYourPassword
standalone.ldap.realm=devnerftemp
standalone.ldap.primaryAdminId=CN=wasadmin,CN=Users,DC=uatdp,DC=uatovd,DC=appschic,DC=com
standalone.ldap.primaryAdminPassword=ReplaceWithYourPassword
standalone.ldap.primaryPortalAdminId=CN=wasadmin,CN=Users,DC=uatdp,DC=uatovd,DC=appschic,DC=com
standalone.ldap.primaryPortalAdminPassword=ReplaceWithYourPassword
standalone.ldap.primaryPortalAdminGroup=CN=wpsadmins,OU=Groups,DC=uatdp,dc=uatovd,dc=appschic,dc=com
standalone.ldap.baseDN=DC=uatovd,dc=appschic,dc=com
#Default parent, RDN attribute
standalone.ldap.personAccountParent=CN=Users,DC=uatdp,DC=uatovd,DC=appschic,DC=com
standalone.ldap.groupParent=OU=Groups,DC=uatdp,DC=uatovd,DC=appschic,DC=com
standalone.ldap.personAccountRdnProperties=cn
standalone.ldap.groupRdnProperties=cn
Then I run the famous : ./ConfigEngine.sh validate-standalone-ldap
There you gooo.. you can then run the bind ./ConfigEngine.sh wp-modify-ldap-security to confirm your configuration.
Sorry I had to fuzzy out some of the text above to protect the company's name. Hope this blog helps ... Good Luck.





No comments:
Post a Comment